Saturday, November 18, 2006


Each day is easier and easier. I find it hard to believe, but I've had 10 hours of sleep in the last 24 hours. Daddy hasn't fared so well. But enough about us...

Molly had her first doctor's appointment this morning. She hated it, but at least there won't be any shots until January, I think. The biggest (so to speak) news is that she has gained weight. She was born weighing 7 lbs 10 oz. She left the hospital weighing 7 lbs 4 oz. The doctor said he would expect her to be 7 lbs 1 oz on her 5th day out of the womb. We knew already that she was feeding well - but we didn't expect her to be above birthweight. She's now a hearty 7 lbs 11 oz. Exciting stuff, we know. Our topics of conversation have changed drastically in the last couple of weeks...

My copious sleep has been enough to get me back to exhausted - I was running on adreneline for the past week. Now I'm rested enough to know how tired I am after 7 nights of fewer than 4 hours of sleep (3 nights of labor, 4 nights of a newborn).

I posted just a couple of new pictures:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Becky.Walsh.1/DaddyAndBaby

Today our adventure took us just around the corner to the doctor's office. Tomorrow we'll go a bit farther afield and take her to Mass up at St. Mike's. Wish us luck.

2 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck, indeed! Molly will definitely love the music if not the sermon and you'll love showing her off! See you tomorrow!
Love, Gram Walsh

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Jacob's Grandmom said...

Becky and Patrick,
She's beautiful! Hope you have a joyful Thanksgiving.
Love, Tricia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home